- 3/4 cup St. James Winery Pioneer White Wine
- 3/4 cup tomato and clam juice cocktail
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a stock pot, combine the wine, juice cocktail, garlic and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil and add mussels.
- Cover and continue to boil for about 4 to 6 minutes or until all the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that haven’t opened.
- Remove mussels from liquid and keep warm. Pour off liquid to leave about 1 cup. Try not to discard the garlic. Boil the 1 cup of liquid until it’s reduced to about 3/4 of a cup.
- Add butter and stir until butter has melted and sauce has thickened slightly. Serve mussels with sauce.
Sip Sweetly. Enjoy Responsibly.