- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon crab seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup St. James Winery Friendship School White Wine
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package country style gravy mix
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 6 drops hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in flour all at once, and cook until bubbly. Stir in crab seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Gradually stir in chicken broth, wine, and half-and-half.
- Prepare gravy according to package directions and stir into soup. Thin with more half-and-half if necessary. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in crabmeat. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Simmer 2 minutes, or until heated through.