- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup St. James Cranberry Wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pour wine over coarsely chopped dried cranberries and set aside.
- Combine paprika, garlic powder, and pepper. Coat chicken breasts.
- In a nonstick pan heat olive oil, then brown chicken breasts on both sides.
- Remove chicken & place in a covered heat proof dish in oven at 350°r; to maintain temperature.
- Place pepper, celery & onion in pan on medium low heat and cook until onion is soft & translucent.
- Add chicken and cover with cranberries & wine mixture.
- Heat until chicken is cooked through completely, approximately 10 -15 minutes. The liquid will reduce in volume by 1/4.
Serve over warm rice.