- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 (16-ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- flour for dredging
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (2.5 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 cup St. James Winery Friendship School Red Wine
- In a large frying pan sauté onions and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Remove from pan and set aside. Dredge chicken pieces in flour, then brown over medium heat in remaining olive oil.
- Add reserved onions, tomatoes, tomato sauce, mushrooms, bay leaves, oregano, rosemary, basil, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer 30 to 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in wine and cook uncovered over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Discard bay leaves before serving.
- Serve with hot pasta.
Sip Sweetly. Enjoy Responsibly.