1. What are your hours?
St. James Winery is open for complimentary tastings and tours.
October 1 – April 30: the tasting room is open 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. CT Monday through Saturday, and 9 a.m – 6 p.m. CT on Sunday.
May 1 – September 30: the tasting room is open 8 a.m. – 7 p.m. CT Monday through Saturday, and 9 a.m – 7 p.m. CT on Sunday.
The tasting room is closed on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. We are open regular hours on all other holidays.
2. How many bottles of wine are in a case?
3. What is the best way to store wine?
On its side to keep the cork wet; it prevents the wine from oxidizing. If it is a twist off top you can store it upright.
4. Do you have a non-alcoholic wine?
St. James Winery does not make a non-alcoholic wine, but we do carry non-alcoholic juice and sparkling juice.
5. Why can’t you ship to my state?
Each state has its own laws, which we must follow.
St. James Winery CANNOT ship to: AL, AR, CT, DE, HI, IN, KY, LA, MA, ME, MS, MT, NJ, OH, OK, PA, RI, SD, UT, VT. Also, we cannot ship to P.O. Boxes, APO, or FPO addresses.
6. Do you get a discount on more than a case?
Online orders receive a 10% case discount (excludes shipping). No additional discounts apply for shipped items because we do not charge a handling fee.
Tasting Room customers receive a 10% discount on the first case of wine and a 15% discount on any additional cases purchased.
7. Is there a minimum or maximum order?
There is no minimum or maximum order.
However, some state laws do restrict how much wine you can purchase during a year. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-280-9463.
8. Is there a cost for tastings or tours?
There is no cost for our tastings or tours. Complimentary tastings are available during regular business hours.
Our tours are offered daily from 11am – 4pm. Please note: if the cellar is not safe, we will cancel all tours.
9. What if I want to place an order and I do not have a credit card or debit card?
You may call us at 1-800-280-9463 and place your order. We will hold your order until we receive your check or money order. Once it is received
we will ship your order to you.
10. Can you put together a custom-made gift basket?
Yes, we are happy to construct a custom-made gift basket. Please give us a call at 1-800-280-9463, and we will assist you in putting it together.
11. How long can you store wine?
If opened all wines are good for 2-5 days. If unopened, sweet and semi-sweet wines can be stored for up to 18 months. The dry reds can age
anywhere from 3-8 years.
12. What states do you distribute in?
MO, IL, IA, KS, AR, OK, GA, IN, KY, MD, NE, OH, PA, TN, TX and VA.
13. Where do you make your wine?
All of our wines are made right here at St. James Winery in St. James, Missouri.
14. If I am a Wine Club member will I receive my discount when purchasing online?
Yes, Wine Club members your discount is available for online purchases.
15. When choosing my wine selection for the Wine Club, am I able to mix the wines?
Yes, you are able to mix different wines.